If I believe the exit polls done by all news channels, it is quite evident that Narendra Modi is going to be the next prime minister of India.
After a year of dedicated airtime to vitriolic poll campaigns of all political parties, media is now debating about which party will get how many seats and I am quite confident that after the results are out on 16 May 2014 debate will divert towards alliance making and so on.. Sadly our news industry is running on political fodder which discusses only political strategy & rhetorics most of the times. Very few are willing to discuss the real issues.
Amid all the political debates real socio economic problems of which “AAM AADMI” is a direct victim is a missing subject.
Here are few important issues which I think need an immediate attention of our next Prime Minister on priority basis.
1. INFLATION: Wether its poor or middle class, everyone is facing the brunt of inflation whenever he is out to buy vegetables, groceries, fuel etc. Proper check and balances are required to decrease volatility in prices.
2. WOMEN SECURITY: Increased cases of rapes, harassments in cities like Delhi and Mumbai has proved time and again that women are not safe in any part of the country. We need a responsive and dedicated system working towards the safety of women.
2. EDUCATION: Everyone knows that how pathetic is the state of our government primary schools and colleges except IITs & IIMs in terms of quality of education, infrastructure, facilities & overall environment.
We need to improve the infrastructure, quality of teachers and over all management which is largely corrupt and not accountable to anyone.
There is dire need of quality school and colleges for higher education as everyone can not afford sky rocketing fees of good private institutes.
2.1 AFFORDABLE EDUCATION FUNDING: While there are many schemes afloat which claim to give subsidised bank loans to students on papers is not a reality on ground.
Due to less number of good government colleges deserving students with a humble background are unable to afford over the top fees of private colleges & universities amid expensive education loans and inability to mortgage anything against loans.
3. HEALTHCARE: Crowd at Government Hospitals and its crumbling infrastructure is the picture every Indian has in its mind. New hospitals and upgradation of the existing hospitals is the need of hour to ensure everyone is able to afford quality healthcare.
4. CORRUPTION: Everyone knows that India has witnessed some of the biggest scams during UPA and it has directly or indirectly affected common man. While promises are being made to trample such corruption, ironically no national party is talking seriously to curb the low level corruption happening at every Police Stations, RTO, Govt Hospitals, Municipal Corporations etc which common man suffers every now and then.
5. AGRICULTURE: Right now state of farmer is grim and several farmers have committed suicide even in states like Maharashtra, Karnataka & Gujarat which are considered economically very sound and developed. Lack of agricultural infrastructure i.e cold storages, supply chain, water for irrigation, fertiliser etc needs to be addressed.
I know I haven’t done any fantastic job by compiling above issues in a blog but I think brainstorming must happen over these issues for solutions. Lastly, there are many more problems of which we are fed up, feel free to comment below if you think I have left any.